iPhone does support outlook integration through active sync. This article is for those who want to get outlook Calendar event alerts on iPhone without actually configuring outlook mails.
Setup Google Calendar Sync Application
- Download and install Google calendar sync application from http://dl.google.com/dl/googlecalendarsync/googlecalendarsync_installer.exe
- Once installed, it will allow you configure the Google account to which you want the Outlook calendar to sync.
- Select the third sync option 1-way sync from Microsoft outlook calendar to Google calendar
- You can also set the sync frequency.
Get Google Calendar Events on iPhone
- Open the Settings application on your device’s home screen.
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Press Add Account….
- Select Gmail.
- Enter your account information:
- In the Name field, enter your name as you’d like it to appear to others.
- In the Address field, enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- In the Password field, enter your Google Account or Google Apps password.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the calendar (i.e. personal calendar).
- Select Next at the top of your screen.
- Make sure the Calendars option is turned on.
After you’ve completed setup, open the Calendar app on your device and syncing will automatically begin.